Preventative Maintenance Plans
Benefits of a Preventative Maintenance Plan
Preventative Maintenance is critical for identifying small problems with your equipment before they turn into large, costly, repairs and equipment downtime.
Cut in line and get faster service (often same-day) on your equipment.
You will experience less breakdowns, fewer repairs, and a longer service life of your equipment. You also receive discounted labor rates.
Avoid bacterial growth by calibrating thermostats, performing regular cleaning & sanitizing, and general maintenance.
How does a Preventative Maintenance Plan work?
Our experts work with you to create a customized maintenance plan. All kitchens are different, and so are their needs.
You choose the equipment you want covered – from everything in your kitchen to just a few select units.
You decide how often you’d like us to come – monthly, quarterly, twice a year – it’s up to you.
Types of plans we offer:
- We check safe and proper operation, calibrate temperature controls, check for any wear and tear on the components of the unit, perform equipment maintenance, and address any specific issue that your chef or kitchen staff may have while on site.
- Any deficiencies discovered by our technician will be communicated to the client. All repairs are quoted for your approval so you can manage your budget in the best way for your business.
- Check general and safe operation of equipment.
- Check electrical connections for safe & proper operation.
- Check all controls for proper operation & adjust as necessary.
- Check all burner and gas valves for safe & proper operation.
- Adjust burners to operate at maximum efficiency.
- Check & calibrate temperature and controls as needed.
- Check all operations mechanisms such as springs, hinges, etc.
- Check door hardware & gaskets.
- Clean & adjust gas/air ratios & pilots as necessary.
- Make recommendations for all repairs.
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Brush down coils to remove surface debris
- Blow out condensate drains if blocked
- Inspect for vibrations & noise
- Inspect heaters
- Inspect fan assemblies
- Check door gaskets & hinges for proper operation
- Check & adjust if needed: Temperatures, Pressures, Belts
- Inspect equipment drains & condensate pans for deterioration
- Make recommendations for all repairs.
Some of the equipment in your kitchen requires more attention than others to keep it running efficiently, extend its usable life, and protect it from costly repairs. Scheduled maintenance on this equipment is crucial to maintain safe and proper operation.
Premium PM Programs include all the services provided in the Standard PM, plus any of the premium services shown below.
- Boiler Systems: Steamers, Kettles, Combi-Ovens, etc. – These units require regular descaling of the calcium buildup from water. Scale deposits build up in thickness through daily use, accumulating along the inside walls of the generator and in all the valves and pipes. Scale buildup restricts the free flow of steam and may cause physical damage to components. In addition, scale buildup can expand with heat causing equipment to crack and heating elements to Scale will also coate the surface of sensors and cause false readings and malfunctions.
- Dishwashers – Dishwashers need to be delimed to prevent poor cleaning, temperature issues and draining problems.
- Equipment with Water Filters – Changing water filtration cartridges to reduce scale build-up, remove dirt & particulates from the water, and avoid water starvation issues.
- Slicers – Blades need to be sharpened and the meat carriage needs to be lubricated with food grade oil.
- Refrigerators & Freezers – All refrigerators and freezers require chemical cleaning of the coils to remove dirt, grease, dust, corrosion, etc., which acts as an insulating barrier and robs the system of its efficiency, ultimately increasing operating costs and the likelihood of compressor, condenser & evaporator failure.
- Ice Machines – All ice machiens require cleaning & sanitizing to preent the spread of bacteria which can cause illness, and must have the water filters changed, and be descaled, to ensure proper operation.
- HVAC – HVAC units require semi-annual maintenance (Spring & Fall) which includes coil cleaning and air filter and belt change-outs to ensure safe air quality and proper operatin.
Block of Time Agreements allow you to choose the number of hours you want to purchase in advance. Hours are pre-paid before the start of the contract and are renewable when they run out.
- Maintenance? Repairs? New Equipment Installs? These are YOUR HOURS – use them as you’d like.
- You receive ADDITIONAL COMPLIMENTARY hours when you buy a time block.
- You receive the LOWEST HOURLY RATE for service.
- Time block hours don’t expire. Haven’t used them all this year? No problem, they carry over!
- Quicker Service – We make you a priority. It’s like getting a “cut in line” pass.
- Includes all the services provided in the Standard PM, along with unlimited necessary repairs on all your commercial equipment.
- Customers sometimes prefer this type of agreement for budgeting purposes.
- You receive UNLIMITED LABOR & TRAVEL.
- Includes standard preventative maintenance on equipment – helps stay on top of equipment issues.
We can also create a custom preventative maintenance plan just for you. All kitchens are different, and so are their needs. Our experts will help set up the best preventative maintenance plan for YOUR kitchen.