Preventative Maintenance Technician
Preventative Maintenance Technicians Needed...
Jay-Hill Repairs, serving it’s customers since 1972, is seeking qualified individuals to join our team. Our customer base is located throughout the state of NJ and certain areas of New York and Pennsylvania and includes corporate cafeterias, schools/universities, hospitals, nursing homes, chain restaurants, and many more. Our Technicians work in professional kitchens on commercial grade ovens, ranges, fryers, steamers, kettles, griddles, dishwashers, as well as refrigerators/freezers, ice machines, & roof-top HVAC units.
Why work for Jay-Hill Repairs?
At Jay-Hill Repairs, we understand that our employees are our most valuable resource and are at the heart of our business! We appreciate and compensate employees at all levels and invest in your growth through factory training and industry certifications. We supply each technician with a fully stocked, full size, service van and attractive, professional uniforms with complimentary cleaning service. Technicians are dispatched from their home each morning and return home at the the end of the day. Many employees, both inside the office and out in the field have stayed with us until retirement. Build your career with us; a strong, secure, fair and forward thinking company that takes care of its employees and has a fun company culture.
Desired Skills, Abilities & Required Experience:
- Must have strong Gas, Electric and Steam Equipment Knowledge
- Knowledge/Experience in installation and diagnosis of commercial kitchen equipment
- Must have own set of professional tools
- Superior customer service skills
- Bakery Equipment Experience is a plus
- Factory training or CFESA Certificaions a plus
- Refrigeration and Ice Machine experience is a plus
- Strong mechanical skills – HVAC experience a plus
- EPA Certification
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Clean drug screening
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Repeated bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, and climbing up and down ladders.
- Daily travel to work site locations
- Exposure to hot grease from fryers.
- Occasional to frequent exertion in high temperature environment (over-heated kitchens, rooftops, etc.).
- Work flexible hours to meet customer needs.