We are seeking a hands-on Controller to join our Management Team as we embark on our next phase of growth...
The Controller position is a management level position, reporting directly to the owner, and you will be responsible for managing AP, AR, Billing, Accounting, HR, collaborating with other department managers to drive strategic initiatives, and aligning department goals to help achieve the overall company objectives. Other specific functions include, but are not limited to, cash management, risk management, tax filings and financial statement preparation, compliance, internal controls, and establishing financial policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate has 7+ years experience as a financial controller with a proven track record of contributing to company growth and experience managing a team. You are a strategic thinker, who can also roll up your sleeves and get things done. You like working in a small company environment, reporting directly to the owner. You have a growth mind set, can wear multiple hats, and enjoy the thrill of collaborating with other departments to help our company grow. New opportunities and change excite you, but you never lose sight of the core business. You are tech savvy and the use of technology in your role to simplify processes or implement controls is second nature. You are an experienced people leader and mentor who is both demanding in the pursuit of excellence yet compassionate and empathetic.
Jay-Hill Repairs is the leading independently owned Commercial Kitchen Equipment service company and parts distributor serving all of NJ, southern NY state, and eastern PA. Since 1972, our reputation has been built on professional, prompt, reliable, and expert service. We are Factory Authorized by over 100 major equipment manufacturers and serve a large range of industries, including: healthcare, supermarkets, country clubs, corporate cafeterias, schools/universities, restaurants, religious institutions, and more. Some of the most prestigious brands, companies, and institutions in the world trust us to service and maintain their commercial kitchens!
- Minimum of 7+ years controller experience. Intimately knows all the tasks and responsibilities of the role (outlined below).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA preferred, but not required.
- Proven track record of contributing to company growth.
- Highest ethical standards, personal integrity, and strong work ethic.
- Strong people management experience (accounting/billing/collections department)
- Well-rounded HR experience
- Strong analytical background with ability to think strategically. Ability to maintain momentum on long term goals and projects as well as be hands on in day-to-day tasks.
- Operates with a growth mindset. Likes to grow, learn, and take on new challenges.
- Small and large company experience – to help us smoothly transition through the next phase of growth
- Data/tech savvy – experience using technology to find operational efficiencies. Advanced Knowledge of Excel. Highly proficient with accounting software, Word, Powerpoint.
- Mechanical service (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc) or restaurant industry experience a plus
- Experience with negotiating mergers & acquisitions a plus
- Maintain daily cash analysis report
- Review and prepare weekly payroll and submit to payroll processing company
- Post all weekly payroll journal entries
- Prepare weekly worker’s comp submission report
- Monitor and track weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual Key Performance Indicators
- Prepare and submit 401(k) report
- Prepare month end payroll accruals
- Monthly bank account reconciliations
- Monthly accounts receivable and accounts payable reconciliations
- Review accounts payables weekly and dispurse payment to vendors as necessary
- Onboarding of all new personnel
- HR management
- Maintain employee analysis and census report
- Prepare necessary reports for year-end corporate insurance liability and workers comp audits
- Maintain monthly technician productivity report
- Maintain monthly budget analysis
- Calculate, prepare, file monthly and quarterly sales tax returns
- Make all period ending journal entries and prepare monthly profit & loss report
- File and pay quarterly federal and state estimated corporate taxes
- Prepare yearly 401(k) 5500 filing analysis an submit to our third-party administrator for filing
- Overseeing accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Prepare as necessary band compliance requirements
- Year-end federal and state tax preparation
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer excellent benefits including: Health, dental, vision, health reimbursement program, vacation days, sick/personal days, paid holidays, 401(k), remote work options, and a GREAT company culture! Jay-Hill Repairs is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in joining our team? Please complete the application form on this page,